Activity and organization
- organizes and conducts the entrance exam for initial training;
- organizes and conducts initial training;
- organizes and implements continuous training of judges and prosecutors;
- organizes and implements the training of lecturers and mentors;
- organizes and implements professional training of judicial and prosecutorial staff;
- establishes and maintains cooperation with domestic, foreign and international institutions, organizations and associations, in connection with the work it performs;
- issues publications and performs other publishing activities;
- performs research and analytical work and cooperates with scientific institutions;
- systematically collects data that are important for the work of the Academy, especially on the implementation of training and training results, and manages the documentation information center;
- collects and processes court practice;
- performs other tasks established by law and the Statute of the Academy.
The Academy can implement professional training programs for executors, public notaries, notary assistants and notary trainees, based on the contract between the Academy and the Chamber of Executors, that is, the Chamber of Notaries.
The Academy is organized uniquely for the territory of the Republic of Serbia.
The seat of the Judicial Academy is located in Belgrade.
In the Academy, according to the territorial principle, three organizational units outside the seat of the Academy, i.e. centers, were formed.
The responsibilities and headquarters of the centers, as well as the number and structure of employees in the centers, are determined by the act on the organization and systematization of work in the Academy.
The centers of the Judicial Academy are located in Niš, Novi Sad and Kragujevac.
Rulebook on the internal organization and systematization of jobs in the Judicial Academy are determined:
- internal units, their scope and mutual relationship;
- management of internal units;
- powers and responsibilities of internal unit managers;
- the manner of cooperation of the authorities with other authorities and organizations;
- job description of director and deputy director;
- number of employees by each title;
- job titles, job descriptions and titles;
- the required number of employees for each position and the conditions for establishing an employment relationship at each position of the Judicial Academy.
Bodies of the Academy
According to the Law on the Judicial Academy, the bodies of the Judicial Academy are: Management Board, Director and Program Council.
The director of the Judicial Academy is the executive body of the Academy.
- represents and represents the Academy;
- coordinates and organizes its work;
- executes the decisions of the Management Board and the Program Council and participates in their work;
- submits an annual report on the work of the Academy to the Board of Directors;
- passes an act on the internal organization and systematization of workplaces in the Academy, with the approval of the Board of Directors;
- manages the professional and technical service of the Academy;
- performs other tasks in accordance with the law, the Statute and other acts.
The Board of Directors elects the director of the Academy for a period of five years, with the possibility of re-election.